Cultural Studies Association of Australasia, Annual Conference
1-3 December 2021
@ School of Arts and Humanities, Edith Cowan University
Mt Lawley, Perth, Western Australia
CSAA2021 Prize for Best Abstract
The CSAA2021 Conference is committed to supporting and disseminating postgraduate research from cultural studies and related fields. In conjunction with Continuum: Journal of Media & Cultural Studies, we're pleased to announce a CSAA2021 Continuum Prize for the Best Abstract (350-500 words).
The prize is $1000 to support conference attendance and a conference registration fee waiver.
In keeping with the CSAA2021 theme Bodies In Flux, the CSAA2021 Continuum Prize committee has a keen interest in abstracts that suggest original, creative, and critical approaches to the understanding of bodies. Such approaches may include, although are not limited to:
- phenomenological or experiential approaches to lived bodily experiences
- feminist philosophical approaches to relationality, interdependency, and/or vulnerability
- studies of intimacy, pleasure, sexuality, and subjectivity
- critical approaches to the governance and institutional organisation of bodies
- Science and Technology Studies (STS) approaches to the transformation of bodies in and through technologies
In assessing abstract submissions, the committee will consider:
- originality, innovation and/or creativity
- demonstrated knowledge of the field of inquiry (allowing for the constraint of 350-500 words)
- clarity and coherence of writing
The award recipient will be contacted via email after abstract the submission is closed (30 July). Please click here to submit an abstract.